Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son left for A'stan, last year and he left me his 2002 Ranger Super-cab to be stored. He called and said that he would be back in about a month and asked me to check his truck over and have it ready for him. After a complete service, new tires, new brakes, upper right ball joint and "A" arm, put a light in the ash tray (who makes a vehicle without a light in the ash tray?), changed out the plugs at 110,000, it feels like a new truck.

I took it on a 1200 mile trip and the thing that drove me absolutely out of my mind was a wind leak at the upper rear corner of the drivers window. I also noticed that the driver's side power window drops normally but rises very slowly ... not slow enough to trip a breaker, but a lot slower than the passenger window. I checked and it is not the door seal making the noise, as I could stop the noise by taping the window to the door with masking tape. Definitely it is a window and track problem. The window does not feel loose on the regulator.

In searching the internet, and I did find one post about some sort of alignment problem with a similar window problem and something about a worn block.

Is there something that can be re-aligned on the electric window regulator?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
my buddys chevy also has a very very slow window only his is on the passenger side. turns out there was a lot of mud and dirt getting down between the window and the rubber seal and when he cleaned everything out inside the door, the window was working fine again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, You might have something. At one time that door had a lot of water in it, until I pulled the rubbers out of the drains and emptied them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts