Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im in grade 9(middle school) and next year ill be in the high school. today we got our chances to pick our courses. Ill be in basic.
I know, doors will be shut. but my overall average now in grade 9 is 27%. proud? no. I kick myself in the ass for not doing better and slacking off. Ive failed grade 8 and I been put on. now im failing grade 9 and ill still be put on. but heres my reasoning for doing basic courses.

1) If i do academic, i'll fail. If i fail, i'll have to stay back another year and repeat the grade.

and there ya have it.

When i get my minimum 36 credits(grade 10-12) at June, 2013, ill graduate and go to school for a Heavy Equipment operator, or Heavy Equipment Mechanic. either way, my family has been going to that school since my dads ages and probably my pop. my dad didnt even graduate and he's still in. my brother just finished the school a couple weeks ago, after doing basic in high school. My brother was also like me, failing through middle school, got to high school and done basic and was getting 80s-90s and passed with honours.
That will be all

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Do what you gotta do man!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ thanks bud

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
You guys do it a whole lot different than us thats for sure. Well, like danny said do what ya gotta do. Just work hard and no one can ask ya for more! The hard work will pay off in the end!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My grades weren't that bad, but doing it a second time helped me in math. The teachers definitely made a difference, 1st one bad, 2nd one good. Also I went to night school to get upgraded so I could go to university, when you pay for the course and have good teachers and WANT to do it, makes a HUGE difference. Good luck,
Richard

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just your best in High school man, trust me everything you did before high school has no value or importance what so ever. I am kinda pissed that I tried so hard through grade school.lol If you decide to got to any sort of higher education then your entire high school career has no importance unless you were a valedictorian.lol

-PlumCrazy

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
PlumCrazy said:
If you decide to got to any sort of higher education then your entire high school career has no importance unless you were a valedictorian.lol

-PlumCrazy
Very true! It's like each one you accomplish just knocks out the one that was before it...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Lol If you were in AK you would be in Highschool already. 9th grade is the start of highschool, its k-6th Elementary, 7th, and 8th Junior high, 9-12th Highschool lol

Anyways good on yea.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Arctic_Outlaw said:
Lol If you were in AK you would be in Highschool already. 9th grade is the start of highschool, its k-6th Elementary, 7th, and 8th Junior high, 9-12th Highschool lol

Anyways good on yea.
We have pretty much the same setup here except middle school is 6th-8th.

·
Registered
585 Posts
here its K-7 elementary than 8-12 high school, but yea im in grade ten and im trying to do the best ican but its not easy,but this semesrer ive bin paying attention and it has helped me alot, if you just try your best nobody can say you didnt try

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys, oh and sloue do you want any workers in a couple years for your company haha i would like doing that.
im trying to think of what to go to school for when im done high school. i thought about mechanic, but its so much work for so little money. heavy equipment operator, which ill probably end up doing, ill have to fly back and forth to alberta or just live there( probably will happen) and truck driver just like my old man, but thats pretty much the same reasoning as mechanic.

Since my brother just moved to Alberta last week, ill probably end up moving up with him, he's a heavy equipment operator to. He likes it in fort mac, and so does the rest of my buddys, so ill probably end up moving out there

·
Registered
984 Posts
you make it to my part of the world AFTER SHCOOL IS DONE, AND YOU ARE STILL WORKING HARD FOR YOUR GRADE 12 .I can put you to work ;D. in the concrete business there is no lack of work but the men that want to do it >:?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts