Ford Ranger Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I had it in my head that the pinion angle is supposed to be parallel to the crankshaft/tranny center-line when using a single u-joint at each end? And with the drive-shaft with a double cardan [u-joint] end you have the pinion center-line pointing at the end of the trans?
For more flex, try thinner leafs but more of them.
The rear on the plywood cart, what is it? What did it come from? I have 2 rears, one with a piece sticking past the studs, one without. Is it a full-foating rear?

Richard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
yea this ones a full float on the wood cart and the one your talking about its a semi float. full float aloow the axle shaft to only have one purpose and thats to turn the wheels, the weight is supported by the hub, on anyother axle the axle shaft carries some or all of the weight of the vehicle

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
and yes my pinion angle are way off, for the rear ill have to get some angle shims and set it back an ich or so because of the shackle flip, front is just lowpinion so its crap, high pinion dana 60 will fix that! lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
hey guys got another update. got most of the interior installed, just got the wrong kick panels (wrong year truck, stupid me) so need those and headliner, different shift fork? i think, i need a round one and i got a square one? and window weather seal and stuff like that. then i can paint everything, also got my subs from the ranger installed and also had rear speakers installed as well, took a little bit of modifying but no big deal. here are some pictures for you guys.

also got new brake line from the combination valve to the rear

and also rebuilding the rear brakes because springs were breaking just from me pulling on them

and i got some randoms

and a video of my subs ( i dont listen to this music lol, it just has pretty good bass)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
took it to my friends house a little while ago to work out some kinks and have some fun

kinks are, cooling system, so im putting a 5.8 rad in with an electric fan should make that better.
need to do something with the lower rad hose because it was rubbing on the pulley and blew a whole through it, so a longer one i guess.
brakes need help and my trans syncro's for 2nd and reverse are messed and need steering, other than that have no other complaints lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
nope, not a drop, tried the 5.8 rad today but inlet and outlets are on opposite sides. and today replaced the rear brakes and one rear hub seal, tomorrow front brake pads, then do the front gears again back to 4.10s, then steering, and i can saftly drive it, cant wait.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
update: i now have my cross over arm here and the studs, just need cones and washers, and the knuckle machined.
also painted most of the interior black, and rubber mat gray, just need to paint the dash, roof, floor, and back of the cab.
i also have the bearings for the front end so i can rebuild it. this trucks getting close, ill take pics here this week.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts