Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
alright it will have to be monday when i can get a pic, thanks badinten

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
found a problem with the steering, 76-77.5 f250s had the out side mounted steering box or something like that and i remember taking off an arm off the drive side knuckle that wsa used for the fore and aft type steering. so from the research i have done, im fairly certain that there is no such thing as that arm that goes from the pitman arm to the bar that connects the knuckles. so my solution if it will work, is to find a 87-97 f350 and get the steering off that from the pitman arm down, and ditch my current steering bar. in my head it works, so hopfully it will work when i go to put it on, and if that dont work, itll have to be custom.

so, anybody have steering off a 87-97 f350 that i could buy? lol, thanks guys

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
thanks ranger danny, thats the route im probably the route going to have to go, but i made 3 or 4 different ford steering parts work for me temperarley, so yesterday i got to drive it a couple 100 feet, everything seems normal for what i added, leaf springs are very stiff, but i guess thats normal, steering seems ok, now i just have to look at the transmission because it doenst like to be shifted fast into second and reverse is kinda difficult also. mabey i just have to fix my driving style for this truck. pic will be up as soon as my girlfreind post them to facebook, thanks guys

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
i got some more pictures for you guys

and heres some pictures that the previous owner took when he first bought it

[IMG]

and heres that dodge im trying to help finish with a couple of freinds
[img]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/white94ranger/DSC00264.jpg

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You're making progress, I'm envious.

Richard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
little bit of an update. trucks pretty much done drive train wise all i need to do is make a new tranny cross member because front drive shaft hits it, then hook up transfer case linkage, then i can test 4x4. then from there on is interior and body stuff. also want to build a headache rack, some type of grille guard, and sliders, but thats another day. Got some more pictures also

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Awesome! I like the front end conversion, and the SAS!

Oh, and the Black big fan of black trucks.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
yea i like black, white and red for some reason, just looks clean. and the 800 different shades of black on the 250 are just going to get covered by a regular gloss black by me, so the paint will be good aslong as im good at painting lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
and didnt notice before but, in the pics that red truck has my old front end and i have the red trucks front end lol, just so you know.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
hey guys, need opinions.

my buddy has a 1991 f250 4x4 with 351w and auto tranny he wants $100 for it all, wiring, computer, engine,trans/trans case for $100. the only thing is i dont know what condition it is in and i dont know whether this would be a good swap for the 250. i was thinking of atleast checking it out, driving the truck, doing compression test, and just checking things over. do you guys think this is a good buy?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If you have a place to store it it's a great deal. You can sell it for scrap for more than $100.00.

Richard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
would it be better for scrap, or would it be a good swap? i guess it depends on the condition of the items

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
white94ranger said:
it depends on the condition of the items
I'm one of those people that have lots of parts vehicles. I rent a space to store and work on my [crap] stuff and I enjoy it, but it doesn't make economical sense. For one months rent I could buy most pieces that I end up needing..... So you have to decide what kind of shape the stuff is in vs how much you need it. Having the whole truck also means you are not searching through the junkyards for all the little things; brackets, bolts, knobs, sensors, relays, etc.
Clear as mud, isn't it! Sometimes it helps me to write down a page with pros and cons on it.
Good luck,

Richard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
i think i explained it wrong, he's not selling the whole truck just the engine, trans, transfercase, computer w/wiring harness and i think even the exuahst. all for $100 and storing all that shouldnt be to much of a problem. i guess my real question is would a 351 and automatic swap be ideal for my f250 thats got an inline 6 and standard zf 5 trans. thanks for your responses

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
What do you want to do with your truck? Is it a daily driver? What's gas mileage with each motor? Are you towing? How much money do you have? How much time? Figure out what you want to do with your truck, then decide. Do a pro and cons and post it here, we may be able to make suggestions better that way.

Richard

41 - 60 of 92 Posts