Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive started on the f250, and done some research on this thing here are the stats:
-zf5 trans
-borg warner 13-56 transfercase
-sterling 10.25 rear -open
-dana 44 HD ttb front -open
-3.45 gears
-msd ignition
- front end is shot so ill be getting a 86-91 f350 dana 60 high pinion king pin

theres is some minor rust on the inside right by where your feet go but nothing rusted on the out side but the bed is dented in a few spot, i tried to get some of them out but there still notice able. and yesturday i picked up a free 94 f150 front clip to swap on the truck, just need to make bumper mounts to adapt them to the 91 frame.
there are some thing that dont work like the heater... which sucks and ive tried to find whats wrong with it but cant find anything, the fan works, switch works, heater cores not plugged, wires are all pugged in.. idk what else other than a cut ot shorted wire, and ive checked fuses and there all good so im not sure.
ill try to get pics tomorrow of the progress.
heres what i want it to look like though -

and theres this

dought ill be getting 20's for this truck tho mabey 18's max

·
Registered
901 Posts
What I have to do to get my Heater on is after I get it started I have to turn the key back slowly until it turns on. Making sure I don't shut off my truck. I don't know if that could work, but it can't hurt.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You should check a wiring diagram. I'm pretty sure there are resistors in the wiring for when you go from stop to low to medium to high. Its quite common to have one or two go out, maybe all three are hooped. I think they are in front of the heater core, in cab but towards the engine. Might be a pain to get to.

Richard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright ill try turning the key back it wont hurt, and ill go look at some diagrams hopfully i can get it to work

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a little late but here they are, its not pretty but she'll get there

still need to get the bumper for the 92-96 style

remember the front clip is just red, the rest is a crappy flat spraybomb black

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good news, i got the heater to work, turns out turning the key back makes the fan come on. so now i can botton up my dash and prep the dash, door panels for paint, and prep the floor for por-15 after i fix the floor. also i have a question, i want to sound proof the cab everywhere i can with dynamat, can i put por-15 down and then put dynamat on top of it or will it mess up the por-15?

·
Registered
901 Posts
The por-15 looks like its just to pretty much armor it up so I think it should be safe with dynamat on top of it. but don't quiet me.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive been working slowly on the f250, making it look like a truck again, but now hteres no power going to the head lights. theres power going to the corners just not the head lights, tomorrow or this weekend ill follow the harness and fix it, and ill also have to splice another 2 lights that are from the 92 style f150 .

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Have you checked the fuses? It might be a relay under the hood.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea ive checked fuses but not the relay, ill try replacing it with another one, thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
turns out the headlight problem is in the ignition like the heater.. is it possible in getting an ignition without getting a new key?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
more photos for you guys

i have never had a 4x4 before and have no idea how to hook the linkage up, i havent spent anytime on trying but from glancing it looks to big

any way tell me what you guys think. i should be fixing the rust tomorrow hopfully

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
It's starting to look good!
I don't have any experience with 4x4 linkage yet.
You will need a drop pitman arm for the front end or you will get all kinds of wonky steering. That's probably why the PO has two steering shocks, to try to control the problem. You need to try to get the drag link and control arm as close to parallel to the ground and each other as possible.

Richard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill get a drop pitman arm when i do the sas, im not even going to touch the ttb in there right now, and today im going to be painting the inside of the cab, should i use por-15 or is there something more reasonable? thanks guys

1 - 20 of 92 Posts