Ford Ranger Forums banner

Whick Shocks?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I need new front Shocks on my truck and am in a toss up between to different ones. I dont want to go too crazy on getting top of the line right now since my big plans will involve coilovers in the future but I want something that will be good for the performance now. Heres my options:

Monroe 37122 Sensa-Trac
$35.89 each
Color: Black

Rancho RS5000
$42.95 each
Color: Red/ White

Im in a toss up between those and there is also an offer on shock-absorbers-direct.com that has the complete set of RS5000 front and back shocks for $167.95.

So what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I've voted for the Monroe's since I've had them before and had no issues with them. I ran those on my old 94 4x4 for about 3 months before I sold it.

I havent used the Rancho's, so I cant comment on them.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I've had the opposite experience, the Monroes crapped out twice within a month on two different vehicles I own. Also no experience with the Ranchos

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Ive heard my share of good and bad of both makes but im in a toss up. Im trying to get my parents to help me out with the $$ so if thats the case I may end up getting the full set of Ranchos for the $168. Plus on that site when you buy 4 Rancho shocks you get a $50 debit card with it!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooo, umm I just learned something interesting... Rancho is owned by Tenneco Automotive. Well, Tenneco also owns Monroe. That kinda threw me for a loop when I heard that. I guess Tenneco sees Monroe as the affordable economy company and Rancho as the Performance shocks company... Now I am really wanting the set of 4 Rancho shocks!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Well, if they make both, then they are probably the same for the most part... Then hearing this:

Olfordtruck said:
Plus on that site when you buy 4 Rancho shocks you get a $50 debit card with it!
I think my mind would be made already ;D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered 4 Rancho RS5000 shocks! I cant wait to get them and put them in!!!

Total cost was $167.95 and I got free shipping. After I get the receipt I will send in the other form and get a $50 debit card from Rancho!

The exact part numbers for my truck were:
Front- RS5229
Rear- RS5126

Im pretty pumped! Cant wait to get in the garage on base and get pictures of the install! Ill end up doing all the work myself.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
And of course you'll post pics....

right?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup! When I get the box ill take pics, when I put the truck on the lift, when the old crap comes off, when the new gold goes on, and when shes back on the road haulin ass!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not this time! I promise! ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
abigaillozano said:
Olfordtruck said:
Okay so I need new front Shocks on my truck and am in a toss up between to different ones. I dont want to go too crazy on getting top of the line right now since my big plans will involve coilovers in the future but I want something that will be good for the performance now. Heres my options:

Monroe 37122 Sensa-Trac
$35.89 each
Color: Black

Rancho RS5000
$42.95 each
Color: Red/ White

Im in a toss up between those and there is also an offer on shock-absorbers-direct.com that has the complete set of RS5000 front and back shocks for $167.95.

So what do you guys think?
Hi there, could you post a pic of your new shocks? I've installed the Rancho truck shocks on my ranger and honestly the extra dollars do help. They have not given me any problems ever since I installed them a few years ago and the ride quality has improved so much so that I'm often prone to sleep because of the very efficient absorption of bumps by the Rancho set.
Spam

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
And banned... LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts