Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was wondering if anybody know where to buy truck cabs in canada? specificaly for a 73-79 f-series ;D

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would look on craigslist and car-part.com. You may have to look for a while to find a rust-free cab near you though unless you drive south. Living in the rust belt sucks for finding clean parts.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Junkyards are usually your best bet for cabs unless they were in a rollover

·
Registered
984 Posts
i have a few but the deal is in those years they had rust issues. i am sure not as bad as in newfieland. but rust the same. my rust free cab for my 79 was brought up from Phoenix at a hefty price. mt buddy is a trucker but it still cost me. i have to know, what you are wanting a cab for?

·
Registered
984 Posts
biglinc1 said:
you might just look on ebay, i'm sure there's sellers who have just cabs only available or trucks that are wrecks from the rear and still have good cabs on them... just an idea?? Oh, do you guys have craigslist up there or autotrader??
auto trader is to heavy for the dog sleds. so its real hard to get. we here in the north have to put the snow shoes on and trek hours too town just to get things like the auto trader in the our igloos ;D ;D ;D. J k. that funny ,we have it all the same as you down south. glad to see you made it back chief truck looks as clean as ever

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sloue said:
i have a few but the deal is in those years they had rust issues. i am sure not as bad as in newfieland. but rust the same. my rust free cab for my 79 was brought up from Phoenix at a hefty price. mt buddy is a trucker but it still cost me. i have to know, what you are wanting a cab for?
well i was on skidoo yesterday, and i went to a little small town about 5mins away from me where some of my buddies lives, and when i got up there i went through this guys garden and seen a chassis with no motor or cab, but it has a pan and looks to be rust free. i can tell from the pan that is is a 73-79 truck. so id like to get it and put on a cab, even if it didnt include the rad support, i would use my 79 bronco rad support and stuff, and the 351M in my 79 bronco in her, along with all the 4x4 gear. but im hearing the crossmembers are different from 4x2 to 4x4. and ive wanted a 79 f150 for as long as i can remember.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i just scraped a super clean 78 that i bought for the axles and parted it out they picked that thing clean my axles ended up being free and i mad about $700 bucks of it i held on to the cab for about 6 month's but no buyer's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts