Columbus, GA

about 90 miles southwest of Atlanta

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I live in Virginia Beach, VA. Im a Navy ROTC student at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm originally from Ca where i bought my truck back in 90, and never got rid of it. Retired US Navy and staying up in Whidbey Island to work as a contractor to maintain the aging prowler aircraft.

Scott.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Airtruksrus said:
I'm originally from Ca where i bought my truck back in 90, and never got rid of it. Retired US Navy and staying up in Whidbey Island to work as a contractor to maintain the aging prowler aircraft.

Scott.
This is weird... my dad's in the navy and his name is scott too. lol He was supposed to go up to Whidbey Island next week but change of plans for him. Hes the Total Fleet Force Master Chief of Naval Personel for the navy so hes all over. He'll be in Japan, Hawaii, and S. Korean for 10 days instead next week. What did you do in the navy?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Apply for Navy Rotc and go to college for the navy. Thats what im doing. I got the scholarship, navy pays for school, I get an allowance from them every month, and I will go in as a commissioned officer... cant beat that!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
never had to take the asvab. I had a 3.4 GPA in HS. just go to nrotc.navy.mil for more info on it. Its the best way to go, and that is coming from admirals that I know through my dad. When you go to the site just click continue if a security page comes up. Most military pages do that for security purposes.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Thats on a A being a 4.0. My school had 5.0 students but thats because all the did was do school work and take AP college classes. I was a little over a B average.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This is weird... my dad's in the navy and his name is scott too. lol He was supposed to go up to Whidbey Island next week but change of plans for him. Hes the Total Fleet Force Master Chief of Naval Personel for the navy so hes all over. He'll be in Japan, Hawaii, and S. Korean for 10 days instead next week. What did you do in the navy?
Came into the Navy in 89 as an AT, Worked on antisub detection and recording electronics with P-3 maintenance facilities in Diego Garcia at first. Next orders had me out in Barbers Pt hawaii doing more of the same while attached to VP-17, great place for a ranger... Came to Whidbey in 95' to do instructor duty and shop supervisor, eventually retired last march. I like it too much here to move. I might have heard of your dad through the chains of command somewhere.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts