Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Whoa, i can barely read that purple! haha

Mine is computer governed at 95 still. Once I get the SCT X3 it will not be limited by the computer.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
101 Lifted... downhill... racing a suburban w/ D60's and 39's... he won 8)

·
Registered
101 Posts
91........ :-[

·
Registered
74 Posts
was 95 lol but then she blew up so i got a new ride grand am gt smoked tails hid lights tint exhaust and fully loaded

·
Registered
583 Posts
Never had my truck above 80. Never really had the need to. My old car however, I got up to roughly about 130 but couldn't tell for sure cuz the speedo goes only to 120. And it was still climbing.

·
Registered
559 Posts
There is reason for the the speed limiter on a truck. Its a truck not a race car, unless the suspension is modified (for the better) you shouldn't be going much faster than 75-80. Trucks are light in the ass end and not very balanced when unloaded, so they become somewhat unstable and touchy at high speeds. You may think you are in complete control but the a small bump at high speeds can have a big affect. Reality is, you dont have nearly as much control as you think you do.

With that said. My record is 120 downhill with the wind in my 95 on 33's. ::) and it got to that speed faster than the Neon beside me.lol

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

kph :D

Richard

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Olfordtruck said:

Mine is computer governed at 95 still. Once I get the SCT X3 it will not be limited by the computer.
that purple is kinda hard to read and that sucks being governed at 95

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:

kph :D

Richard
Such a tease! LOL

88!DANGER!Ranger said:
Olfordtruck said:

that purple is kinda hard to read and that sucks being governed at 95
Yeah it does suck! Im too poor to afford the tuner for a while. Maybe XMas time.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
my ranger with the 4banger and 235/75/15 down hill was 115 but it was the comps fault she would have kept pushing ill let you know after i finish the v-8

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
someone say V8? I think someone needs to update us!!!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
with my broken engine. 70 I think

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
now thats impressive!!!!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ya im workin on getting things ready for an update kinda lol i have been working on the off road ranger lol

·
Registered
712 Posts
150 going to wendover NV and a steady 100-110 all the way in my Trans am.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I thought this thread was for rangers?
Ranger - previous post
Non-ranger - '68 Torino w/transplanted stock 429 auto; 105mph at the end of 1/4 mile.
Richard

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:
I thought this thread was for rangers?
Ranger - previous post
Non-ranger - '68 Torino w/transplanted stock 429 auto; 105mph at the end of 1/4 mile.
Richard
Now that you mentioned a '68 Torino....

YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED TO POST PICS OF YOUR '68 TORINO ON THIS HERE RANGER SITE FOR THE ENJOYMENT AND DREAMING OF ALL!

lol
PLEASE!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts