Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an update on my life you all know I got laid off started drinking alot and all is good. My girl and i got married in Vegas. i am currently going to school to get my Contractors License. been extremely busy studying and going to school. my wife broke her foot on our honey moon she fell down the stairs and had two screws put in. Life has been crazy and fun.

i have 6 weeks before my test and my girl goes back to work in a week and a half so hope it goes well. I miss you guys and it has been hard with summer here we have the kids more then usual so I am pressed for time. i miss you all and I have not left you I have just been busy. i hope you all are doing well and you guys are my Family and I will check you all out soon.

As for upgrades to the truck it sat for 2 months I could not figure out what was wrong with it the same problem as I have posted on. i bought a new coil pack and dam wouldn't you know no more check engine light well it is definetely the best buy I ever did after all the diagnostic testing I did ha.

Love you guys and I hope all is well.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Good to see you man! We've missed you!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Good to hear from ya man! Glad to hear you are doing the school and all. I hear ya with the tough times too. My fiance left me so this summer has been hell here. Glad to hear the check engine light is finally off!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Glad to have ya back. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but what are planning on doing after you get the contractor's licsense? Is there something already lined up or not? If there isn't, I wish ya the best of luck because the economy sucks right now for builder's, at least in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I git a few things lined up a room addition and a kitchen remodel and who knows after that. but it will be better then sitting on my butt at home doing nothing. :p

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I do exterior reno's in Canada, 25 years now. I'm interested in what is a contractor's license. How long for schooling and what do you learn? I've learned on the job, mainly by myself, and wish I'd apprenticed or had schooling for some jobs. It sure would have helped.
Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
gerald1488 said:
Love you guys
I LOVE YOU TOO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alwaysFlOoReD said:
I do exterior reno's in Canada, 25 years now. I'm interested in what is a contractor's license. How long for schooling and what do you learn? I've learned on the job, mainly by myself, and wish I'd apprenticed or had schooling for some jobs. It sure would have helped.
Richard
The license permits me to build buildings and houses with an expense over 500 dollars. I have been doing construction and home remodels my whole life so I decided to go into buisness for my self instead of all ways working for some one else. 6 weeks I take my test and I have my own buisness I named it JJ's Home Enhancements. I am so excited you guys have no idea this is my life's dream for real.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
gerald1488 said:
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Richard
The license permits me to build buildings and houses with an expense over 500 dollars. I have been doing construction and home remodels my whole life so I decided to go into buisness for my self instead of all ways working for some one else. 6 weeks I take my test and I have my own buisness I named it JJ's Home Enhancements. I am so excited you guys have no idea this is my life's dream for real.
Good luck,
I found if I take my first time estimate and times it by two and add 20% I'll be close :D.
Richard

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alwaysFlOoReD said:
gerald1488 said:
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Richard
Good luck,
I found if I take my first time estimate and times it by two and add 20% I'll be close :D.
Richard
thanks buddy I will try that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts