Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Mine is cat back 3 inch and I think its a magnaflow muffler I bought it like that so I don't know what muffler it is exactly but it sounds like it is backed up by a V8

·
Registered
583 Posts
I got a Flowmaster 40 series 3" inlet, dual 3" outlets and it is dumped right behind the cab. The catalytic converters have also been gutted. I eventually want to have it run out the side right in front of the rear tire.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeh, there really is no gain at all by doing it other that a check engine light. I wouldn't have done it if they weren't plugged from when I was burning a quart of oil a tank of gas. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
583 Posts
It won't do any serious damage to the engine. I've had it this way for about 5,000 miles now and have had no trouble. It could effect your gas mileage because of the o2 sensor not seeing the voltage it needs because the cats are not there to do their job.

And it did make it louder, but I really don't know how much because the 40 series is loud to begin with and my truck was down for about week and half to two weeks when I did it.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
red said:
mines in 2.5 and i have a flowmaster super 44 and it comes out right in front of the rear right tire
same as mine!

·
Registered
712 Posts
my bronco II and ranger are 2inch with 40 series and they both exit behind the rear tire the bronco II has no cat's and sounds 10 time's better

·
Registered
712 Posts
man i have been contemplating selling it but i cant bring my self to do it

·
Registered
712 Posts
ya i wont to but i think its disapearing in the garage and ive got to dame many projects

·
Registered
712 Posts
im working on getting my dodge turned in to a extra cab. now that its got a little warmer now i can get going on that and i also have a 71 blazer i put on the back burner for a while a long while. and ow i have my 92 chevy 2500 im working on that i wont to get painted this summer its my tow rig.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts