Registered
3,411 Posts
classic muscle: 1964 1/2- 1975

modern muscle: the newer class of renovation cars 2005-present

certain models though...

·
Registered
37 Posts
its hard to say really lol. Just rumble you get from a prostreet 65 gto BBC makes ya wanna wet yourself. But then again how can you really say a 01 murauder with the DOHC isnt a muscle car lol.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
The V6 engines going in these cars are amazing with the amount of power they put out now but the V6 is so you can have the muscle "car" (as in body) and be affordable at the same time. The true ones are the V8s like cvalcore said... the ford modgular 4.6 and 5.4 and coming the 5.0... its not the Boss 5.0 yet but thats probably gonna be coming soon!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
yeah but its the firing on 8 cylinders thing... now the 1972 Chevy Nova inline 6 that my dad had was amazing... would have been better with the V8 though!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am guessing you ment its hard not to pitch a tent lol. you know what guys no matter what you do a v-6 always sounds like a v-6. and a 4 banger always sounds like a 4. now there differ yes but they have a special lil tone to set each one apart but they still give off that 4 or 6 sound chevy ford dodge any 4-6. but a v-8 now thats something you can work with different motors make different sounds and than you add your idea of the perfect exhaust and its just tent pitchin pants creamin kinda greatness that every one loves.

i mean look at a 04 mustang gt sounds good right but put that next to a n/a cobra and get blow away at how different they sound have a 350 chevy next to a 5.0 ford and nothing alike the tones are so far off its not even funny but not matter how you look at it she still sexy 4 6 or 8.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
if youve never heard Thumper cams in a Forrd 4.6 before then youtube it! A guy in my stang club has a roush stang and put those cams in it... sounds badass!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya it does matter i dont car how much hp a honda has it will never be a muscle car. muscle cars are not just horse power its an attitude that the car has. im not saying that new cars are not bad ass or that 4 bangers suck im sayin what i believe is a true muscle car to me. modern muscle they maybe but its just not the same as a muscle car.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Well, you know every generation will have its new trends... these days those 1960s and 70s cars are the true muscle cars to us and there is nothing that can beat it... every think of how they felt in the early 60s when these cars came out? Bet they thought they were badass but nothing would beat the appeal of the origional cars! I am a car guy that of course thinks that there will never be another muscle car like the 60's and 70's Ford Vs Chevy Vs Mopar battles! But also I know that there will never be another car that was made in the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, or modern time... No one has attempted a modern remake of a muscle car until Ford did it in 2005.(With exception of a ugly ass atempt at a Charger of a Chevy SSR)

BADINTEN is 100% right... modern muscle is not the same as a classic muscle and a new high output Nismo V6 is not the same as the older inline 6 cylinder nismos that kicked ass... the classics are sick for that attitude they layed out... now its time for the new generations to step up, take what came before them and make it modern, and turn it into something that can represent the past and represent the present and future all at the same time.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey slow down let me in on this...

"modern muscle"?? Muscle is pure power.

Yes your 4 cylinder may beat a v8, if the v8 is stock. Now im not downing smaller engines, they are lighter, which sometimes makes them faster. For me i want a v6 for offroad, and a v8 for street and rock crawling.

But to have "muscle", the speed comes from power, pure power from the engine.

power = speed, but speed does not always = power

Speed comes from power, and weight, and many other important factors. Muscle is pure engine(no efi) heavy powerful engines. Which they no longer make. Muscle cars of the past have much more torque and are much heavier, giving them their momentum, and name "muscle".

Today they can make v8's v6's and i4's faster by making them lighter and adding many electronics. Today we have fast cars but it isnt "muscle". This can be proven, because a 1970 mustang will tow more than a 2009. Today we have fuel injection, and many other factors in our so called "muscle", which defeats the term "muscle". Ask any old guy he will say the same thing.

So i repeat, MUSCLE CARS ARE BACK??!?? WHERE??!??

Make more sense?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Key word you missed... Modern Muscle... it is not origional muscle, it is modern... we know that there will never be another origional classic muscle car but there is such thing as a modern muscle car... the muscle that was out long ago will never be changed or altered in its meaning... therefore, there is a new term in the "car" world... that term is "Modern Muscle"... That modern muscle shall not mean that it is a attempt in restoring the glory days into full affect, it is meant to bring back parts of the glory days and breed those parts and influence into the new age... if we have all car guys stuck on the classic muscle being the only way to go, then we are in a lot of trouble! Trouble because the car industry will not advance into something great... and it is important to advance like that because if it didnt in the 1940's and 50's then we wouldnt have had those origional "muscle" cars that came our decades ago.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Thank you... thats what i really think... I may be a Ford guy but I appreciate all generations of cars for what they are and what they do represent! Just told my fiance today that I sure do love Ford but i i was given the thoice of doing something i hate for the rest of my life or work on chevys, then by god i will work on any car! Ford guy all the way, but that means i am a car(automobile) guy!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts