Ford Ranger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm looking for about 6" to 8" lift. Just wondering what are good kits, if any?

· Registered
712 Posts
james duff

super lift

fab tech

i would not go with black diamond, sky jacker or, Ruff country unless you wont a cheap lift you get what you pay for skyjacker makes a good lift but there springs always sag over time. black diamond just suck's period and Ruff country is a decent lift for the price but there springs sag over time also.

· Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, why don't you replace the coils? For something stronger? Wouldn't that be the solution?

· Registered
559 Posts
The Skyjacker class II lifts are very beefy, but the springs are a little on the soft side for a 4.0 Super Cab. If you run 6" coils and 2" spacer you will be in the 5.5" ballpark and still have flex.

-plumcrazy

· Registered
712 Posts
Arctic_Outlaw said:
So, why don't you replace the coils? For something stronger? Wouldn't that be the solution?
i have done this also but when coils springs run around $200 i would rather just use a better lift and do right the first time around. but its all up to you on what you decide to run.

· Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, well I like the SkyJacker brand, but I don't know. We have a few local 4x4 shops, that I want to check out before I make my decision.

· Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Skyjacker is what I had (the 8" lift). The springs did start to sag over time, but I only lost about an inch over a 2-year span. Brand new replacement coils are only about $130 or so on eBay.

· Registered
712 Posts
or you could just run some 1 or 2 inch pucks when they sag there pretty cheap. if your not looking for the wheel travel that's the only reason ill buy new springs if it just a street truck pucks would work great. ;D

· Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would like some wheel travel. Got some nice trails up here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.