Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my front skid plate is trash. after my mom drove my truck into a ditch it bent and ripped alittle. well i was takeing it off it was wedged into the bumper and my hands were numb. well i got the bolts off and without gloves "stupid me" i proceded to pull on it. long story short my hand slipped and i forgot there was a sharp spot where the metal ripped and my hand got grip when it hit it so i thought hmmm i have grip so i'll pull really hard. i pulled it out about 30 secs later i felt something warm running down my arm. so now i have stiches where it cut into my hand muscle about half an inch. today i was welding for like the first time ever with my new welder. after i welded some metal together for a new skid plate again "no gloves" u would think i would have learned. NO. me not used to welding and hot metal after welding "stupid me again" grabbed the hot metal with "the same hand" that i cut and it melted the stiches. :( so i had to go back to the doctors for new stiches and a waste of money. ugh

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
wow... that's pretty unlucky

I bet you wear gloves next time though!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
just make sure you wear a mask when welding... my buddy didnt one time and thought that since he was just tacking, he could look away each time and it would be cool...

two sunburned eyeballs later, he learned his lesson... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I didnt even know you could sunburn your actual eyeballs... his eyes were blood red for over a week and he had to use prescription eyedrops...

·
Registered
984 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
I didnt even know you could sunburn your actual eyeballs... his eyes were blood red for over a week and he had to use prescription eyedrops...
and it feels like you got a hand full of the dryest hashest sand in the wold in you eyes it is **** :'(

·
Registered
275 Posts
red said:
well my front skid plate is trash. after my mom drove my truck into a ditch it bent and ripped alittle. well i was takeing it off it was wedged into the bumper and my hands were numb. well i got the bolts off and without gloves "stupid me" i proceded to pull on it. long story short my hand slipped and i forgot there was a sharp spot where the metal ripped and my hand got grip when it hit it so i thought hmmm i have grip so i'll pull really hard. i pulled it out about 30 secs later i felt something warm running down my arm. so now i have stiches where it cut into my hand muscle about half an inch. today i was welding for like the first time ever with my new welder. after i welded some metal together for a new skid plate again "no gloves" u would think i would have learned. NO. me not used to welding and hot metal after welding "stupid me again" grabbed the hot metal with "the same hand" that i cut and it melted the stiches. :( so i had to go back to the doctors for new stiches and a waste of money. ugh
that sucks but it sounds like something i would do

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
lol, be careful buddy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts