Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this truck for about a month now. I am getting a very disappointing [I will round it up] 13 MPG. It has a 4.0 V6 and auto trans, 4x4 extended cab. The year is a 2006. I have had a full size 93 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 Cummins Diesel for the last 13 years. Thought I would avoid the high price of Diesel Fuel. BUT, I was getting an honest 21 MPG with the Dodge when I pulled the plate. If I could get 17 or 18 MPG with the Ranger, I would be happy. I am NOT happy. Is this a normal MPG for this truck??? Maybe someone on this forum could advise me what to do if this is not normal. I will be all ears. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
ranger mpg's

I have a 2000 Ranger with a 3.0 v6 and get at the very best 13 mpg's. I love the truck but hate the lack of economy. I had a 91 F150 with an inline 6cyl and got the same mpg's. If you get any ideas about improving economy please let me know. I do plan on getting a K&N air filter. I've been told that I should get maybe a 10 mpg increase. I've talked to a woman with a Dodge Neon and a guy with a 5.0 Mustang. The Neon gets 10 mpg more the 5.0 is impressive but unsure of the added mpg's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Have talked to a close friend of mine that told me to look up that Gforce chip for complaints on the internet. I did. DON'T GET IT!!! Check out what they have to say about it first. I am sure you will change your mind. Just a friendly warning. As for this truck, I am going to dump it ASAP! Nice LITTLE truck, but I just can't get comfortable in the darn thing. Add the LOUSY gas mileage to that,
and there is no reason to keep it. I KNOW I can get better mileage out of a full size F150. Going for that next. Good luck you guys and gals with the ones you have. Not my kind of truck. SEE YA!:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this truck for about a month now. I am getting a very disappointing [I will round it up] 13 MPG. It has a 4.0 V6 and auto trans, 4x4 extended cab. The year is a 2006. I have had a full size 93 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 Cummins Diesel for the last 13 years. Thought I would avoid the high price of Diesel Fuel. BUT, I was getting an honest 21 MPG with the Dodge when I pulled the plate. If I could get 17 or 18 MPG with the Ranger, I would be happy. I am NOT happy. Is this a normal MPG for this truck??? Maybe someone on this forum could advise me what to do if this is not normal. I will be all ears. :confused:
I have a 2002 4.0 liter and I get 16 city and 19 Hwy I was happy with this no problem. bone stock extra cab 4X4 too . Auto Trans .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts