Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I get motivated enough to getting to my truck, I want to know what would be easier. Pulling the Tranny and motor? or Just pulling the motor?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Personally, I find it a little easier to go ahead and disconnect the tranny and remove it from the bottom. Then pull the motor.

I say this because it will be a few less things that could get snagged and you wont have to worry about the motor being at such a severe angle to clear the tranny under the firewall.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also found a 98 rolled on CL, and I want to buy it, and place my 95 on the frame, and swap out the front end with a 01 Honey Comb.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
The only issue with that is that the frames were changed in 98 I believe. It may take a little custom work to get the cab to fit properly. The bed and the front end (if you go with the conversion) would be an easy bolt-on though!

The 01-03 honeycomb front end is a very easy swap on the 98-2000 Rangers. New headerpanel, lights and grill. Nothing to it!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like they made it longer in 98. So the body would need to be modified like you said.

A fresh facelift gave the Ranger (and B-Series) a stronger presence and a stretch in wheelbase for standard-cab trucks (from 107.9 inches to 111.5 inches) increased comfort by allowing more legroom and a greater seat-recline angle.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
So your truck and the donor truck are both regular cabs?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Ext.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the cab is about the same the core support is different along with a few others parts fenders lights header panel and so on but do what plum did and make a new core support to bolt up to the comb grill and your good to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts