Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is is how do i get the gear shift indicator clip to come off. I have to remove the cluster so i can get at the back circuit board but i cant figure out how to do it without breaking something. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
From what I remember there is a cable going to this area, correct? I think you actually remove the cable and the piece from the cluster. Are there any clips on each side of the shift indicator clip?

Could you get a picture of the underside of the cluster?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you are correct there is a cable that runs to it and there is a clip that holds it in place. I got the clip off but the cable is still attached i think i might just butcher a cluster at the scrap yard to see how it comes off.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
If you do, could you grab a couple pics and write up a tech article for it? This way if someone else has this issue, we can direct them to the step-by-step directions!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its the little plastic piece behind the counsel that runs the lights that is shot. I tried getting one off at the junkyard but there so fragile they kept cracking. So i just bought some plug in lights for now good enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts