Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[size=12pt][/siz
e] ok. I have a 1996 ford ranger. Reg cab. Auto. 2.3L with 117,000 mi. It has been down on power every since I got it a couple months ago. A mechanic told me low power maybe due to a bad catalytic converter. I had a new cat and muffler put on it with no real change. Exhaust system is welded and I failed to ask the muffler shop guy to check the tailpipe for obstruction. The mechanic told me that my truck only has about 6 pounds of vacuum and it should have about 15. However he could not find a vacuum leak even after using a smoke machine. Gas mileage is really terrible I get 13.7 in town in 15.3 on the highway. It is down on powers so much that I almost have to keep the pedal to the floor to get it up to 70 miles an hour. I have run down the vacuum lines trying to check for a leak. But 1 line comes out of the tank and goes back to the passenger side firewall underneath what I think is a fan housing. What does this vacuum line hook to and how do I get to it? Any suggestions on how to find a vacuum leak or why this truck is down on power so much would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Answered in other thread.

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.