Ford Ranger Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Too cool! 1 question though, I've never driven anything with rear steer and I was wondering how hard it is to get used to?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
To be honest...... I suck at it, i kinda have to stop and think. Even then i usually go the wrong way first. Im trying to remember to go opposite of the way i turned the sterring wheel. Lmao

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Ca
scooter141 said:
To be honest...... I suck at it, i kinda have to stop and think. Even then i usually go the wrong way first. Im trying to remember to go opposite of the way i turned the sterring wheel. Lmao
Can you turn the hand control 180 degrees? Probably too late for learning anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
RICO9 said:
I will be waiting for the sideways driving and donut videos!
Lmao!!! I crabwalk the **** out of in now! Its cool to be able to do it soooo, i do it alot. As far as donuts, ive got buddies that have had 4WS for a while and have tried donuts on dirt. Did not turn out well!! Think about it, lockers are bad for a donut.
I thought we were gonna get enough ice to try it. Had her fuel'd up and ready lol
Todd S.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Can you turn the hand control 180 degrees? Probably too late for learning anyway.
I could, but i have it now where if you push the joystick left the rear tires turn left. If you wanna make a sharp turn, you turn the front left and the rear right. Thats the way i want it, just not smart enough to get it worked out in my head while driving.

\-\ or /-/
/-/ \-\

Makes a sharp turn.

\-\
\-\

makes a crab walk.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Perhaps you need to fool your mind. Make an imaginary left turn with your left hand as if you're turning a steering wheel. Now do the same left turn with your right hand at the same time. Then turn right with your right hand while still turning left with your left hand. Which feels more natural? In my head the mirror imaging feels more natural. If I was setting up rear steer I'd have the controls mirror each other IE; [using the top of the wheel to give direction] left turn with wheel = push right on joy stick, etc.
Now that I just wrote this down and re-read your post it seems that's how you have it set. Perhaps set it the other way? But with the time you have put into learning your system you'll have just as steep of a learning curve going the other way now. Oh welllll, practice makes perfect, or so I've heard.
Good luck,

Richard

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yea thats the way its set up if i read your post right lol. The joystick "points" the tires in the direction you push joystick.

It just is confusing to keep track of it all at one time. I try to only use it when i have to, not just because its there.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts