Ford Ranger Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I guess my good luck wish helped, glad you found one. Try contacting Atlas and asking them what to look for in a used case and if you can still get parts. Good luck again,
Richard

·
Registered
712 Posts
red said:
i found a 600 buck one at a local JY he said it was from a guys mud run truck some 1990 f 150 yall think it's a good one or since it was a mud run truck it might not be good?
for the price i would check it out really good it seems kinda strange that some one left it in the truck and sent it to the junk yard. i would by it up in hart beat if it felt tight and the oil was not full of shaving's

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
hey floored what do u think about my idea for my trail rig ?gen 1 or another 2003 fx4 i see so many gen 1's with mods similer so let me know what u think and thanks for the luck i'm going to buy it no matter what cuz i've looked at other places and hahahaha there aint **** and when there is **** it's like 2000 bucks lol so soon i will have a 302 and a atlas 2 my buddy has a ford 9 he wants to sell me but i'm trying to talk him down from 400 bucks to 200 lol let me know what u think
and it was the JY guys mud truck and he is willing to sell it to me off his truck he said he aint got the time to do that stuff anymore so i need to check the oil and what do u mean by tight?

·
Registered
712 Posts
i think the 2003 would be sweet but it would have to be fuel injected 302 it would look and run so much better or maybe a 2003 mustang v8 would be killer and a staight axle conversion would be killer to. what i mean about being tight is see if there is excesive slop when you spin the yoke's and if there is any side to side slop. it could meen it needs a rebuild but if it was the guys personal truck im shure its fine.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
this guy has a ford gt 40 a elenor mustang the f150 lightning the bullet mustang i think thats what it was it was in a movie or something his garage is like heaven so i know i trust his stuff i go there alot for odds and ends and so if i did a 302 in a 2003 my buddy crashed his stang this winter and he doesn't know what to do with it would his engine work it's a 1995 302 efi with 240 horsepower?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Enough money, time, and modification: anything will fit and work in anything. Yeh, the motor should be able to work in the 03 without major modifications. Just make sure you get the the computer and all the wiring as well. If the trans tailhousing can be changed to accept a transfer case, I would take that.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts