Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2019 Ranger Lariat with the trailer tow package. I'm trying to find out if the tow package includes anything more than just the class IV hitch receiver and the 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness. I know there is no brake controller which is a shame. Does the radiator have any increased cooling capability? Is there an oil cooler and/or a transmission cooler? Beefed-up brakes? I've asked the Ford dealership where I bought my Ranger and they seem somewhat clueless.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Ranger Lariat with the trailer tow package. I'm trying to find out if the tow package includes anything more than just the class IV hitch receiver and the 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness. I know there is no brake controller which is a shame. Does the radiator have any increased cooling capability? Is there an oil cooler and/or a transmission cooler? Beefed-up brakes? I've asked the Ford dealership where I bought my Ranger and they seem somewhat clueless.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure about most of your questions, but I did find out that there is wiring included for the brake controller. As you found out, the dealer is not much help in these matters, but, after a lot of frustration in trying to get answers, I went to an RV dealer and they knew exactly what to do and installed a controller for less than $300. It works fine, but the gas mileage really drops badly, even with just the empty trailer (about 1000 lbs) connected, but driving was fine, so far. I have not hauled a heavy load yet, but do expect that this small engine will be taxed to the limit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts