Ford Ranger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Ranger is an Xlt...has all I want except the trailer hitch. So it's 495 at dealer but I can get aftermarket ones for 200 or less. My question is are the aftermarket ones missing anything? Wiring etc? I have all the hookups on my bumper....I just can't see spending 495 it's insane.....but I do want to get a camper and utilize that 7500 towing capacity......please advise

·
Registered
2 Posts
So my Ranger is an Xlt...has all I want except the trailer hitch. So it's 495 at dealer but I can get aftermarket ones for 200 or less. My question is are the aftermarket ones missing anything? Wiring etc? I have all the hookups on my bumper....I just can't see spending 495 it's insane.....but I do want to get a camper and utilize that 7500 towing capacity......please advise
I got one thru my u-haul dealer. Installed with hitch and wiring for $285.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You might want to check what the towing capacity is on the XLT without the factory tow package. I think I read somewhere that without the factory tow package the capacity is less

1 - 5 of 5 Posts