Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to add a trailer brake controller to my 2019 Ranger, but Ford does not include any provisions for one. This is ridiculous since they offer a trailer tow package that includes a Class 3 or 4 hitch and a 4 pin and 7 pin electrical connector, but no brake controller provisions. I have had several conservations with Ford about this and there is nothing from Ford that will work. I need to know the pin connections on the 7 pin connector so I can see if an aftermarket controller will work. Can anybody provide that for me, or show me where to find the info?
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also interested in knowing about this. Too bad this Ranger wasn't a "real" attempt for Ford, some other things could have been better as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just found and ordered what Ford claims is the only brake controller they recommend to work with the anti collision system of Ranger on Ford website accessories. I’ve looked behind the panels but so far can find any unattached wires to splice to so hopefully this comes with explicit instructions. I’ll post back with my results

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to add a trailer brake controller to my 2019 Ranger, but Ford does not include any provisions for one. This is ridiculous since they offer a trailer tow package that includes a Class 3 or 4 hitch and a 4 pin and 7 pin electrical connector, but no brake controller provisions. I have had several conservations with Ford about this and there is nothing from Ford that will work. I need to know the pin connections on the 7 pin connector so I can see if an aftermarket controller will work. Can anybody provide that for me, or show me where to find the info?
Thanks
The wiring is there, just VERY well hidden. I could just barely see it when I tried to find it, but needed to have an RV dealer actually do the install for me. I would have loved to have the Ford brake controller, but my stupid ford dealer did not have a clue as to what was involved. If you are flexible enough to crawl around under the dash, you should be able to find the wires and do the installation. HTH.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, I am pretty good with DIY so when I get it I’m hoping it’s pretty straightforward because I can do the work. I’ll keep you up-to-date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts