Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've decided I have to make a new trac bar. For those unfamiliar with my truck, it's a 1990 ranger with an SAS from '79 Bronco parts. The Trac Bar I have was fabricated from the original '79 Bronco trac bar. Added a threaded rod to make it adjustable. It haunts me sometimes, so it's got to go. Anyway I picked up a couple of Johnny joints. They are perfect for the upper mount as the '79 used a 9/16 bolt for that. The lower mount is causing me to scratch my head. It uses a 3/4" bolt. So now I need to figure out something to use. It has to use urethane or equivalent as this is a street driven truck. No Heims. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I owe you a beer:) I had no idea they made replacement centers with a larger bolt hole. Awesome. That's what I'll do then.:) Get a LH Johnny Joint and see if I can't get it with that 3/4 one installed. WOuld make a great adjustable trac bar.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
LOL... glad I could help!

Currie seems to have a very great selection of parts for Johnny Joints.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't know much about them till a few weeks ago. Now that I have a couple on my desk, I can see why people like them. Beefy as hell.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I might have to look into them for my steering setup in the near future!

Oh, also, do you have any pictures of your frame side mount for the trac bar?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They all come with 9/16 bolts unless you upgrade to the 3" joint. Then you get a 3/4" bolt as standard. Not sure how much meat is on your spindle, but if there's enough, I would go with the 3" joint. After my trac bar is complete, I will have 2 RH joints left over. I'll probably pick up 2 LH joints to make the tie rod/drag link setup. Who Knows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts