Ford Ranger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a 2022 Ford Ranger that doesn’t have the Max Towing option fitted from factory. I want to tow a camper that is more than the 3,500 lbs limit I currently have (about 5,000-6,000 lbs).

I’ve asked a few dealers if the factory option can be retrofitted. They have all said NO but for DIFFERENT reasons! These have ranged from needing to upgrade the radiator, transmission radiator, rear suspension and even just a software / ECU change. Does anyone know anything about what the factory option adds and if it could be retrofitted?

·
Registered
2021 Ford Ranger FX4 Crew Cab with 5ft Bed and 2.3L Ecoboost Engine
2 Posts
I think the first factor to consider is the weight of your tow vehicle. I believe the 7500lb tow packages are on the heavier 4x4 crew cabs. If the trailer weight exceeds what the tow vehicle can manage, the trailer will push the tow vehicle around creating an unsafe driving condition. I have the heavier truck with the 2.3L Ecoboost engine and I pull a 54,000lb travel trailer. It will pull it, but I feel it's near it's max potential. I get about 9mpg on the highway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts