Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had my first opportunity to tow my utility trailer with my tractor in it. The trip went fine, but I got all kinds of messages and icons that I can not find referenced in the owner's manual. The Ford RV and Trailer Towing Guide do not give any information beyond the capacities. Where can I find out the answers? For instance, there was a yellow icon that was too small to identify accurately, but it looked a little like the traction control icon with some extra lines. Also, a message kept coming up about the cross-traffic function being disabled. There were several others that I can't remember in detail, but there must be someplace where all of these messages and icons are described. I don't think that I can get any help from the dealer as they didn't have a clue about what to do for a trailer brake controller. I had to go to an RV dealer to get one installed. I find it disturbing that I have a Kia minivan that came with about 3 - 4" of manuals for a relatively simple vehicle while the Ranger that is a very complex piece of machinery has a single 1" think (at most) manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you have anything plugged into your connections at the bumper - 4 pin or 7 pin connectors. I think if you tow a trailer without the proper connections you will get a fault indication - something like stability control
1608681350087.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have anything plugged into your connections at the bumper - 4 pin or 7 pin connectors. I think if you tow a trailer without the proper connections you will get a fault indication - something like stability control
View attachment 731
Yes, I had the 7 pin trailer connections plugged in so I would have the lights and trailer brakes active. I finally found what the trailer button on the console was for, listed in the Owner's Manual under Transmission! But, I still don't know what the yellow icon was about or the cryptic message on the screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts