Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Without lifting the front, I would have to say 30" tires (or the equivalent metric number). 31's scrubbed on my 97 4x4 at stock height.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
no, if I'm not mistaken, the back is 2" higher due to a factor lift block.

The front sits a little higher also with the Dana 35 front axle.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am going to repeat what I said in your intro post just in case you don't look back there, but I had 235/ 75s (28.9 tall, 9.3 wide according to a converter calculator) on my old 1996 2wd 4-cylinder Ranger. If I were you, I would probably just wait to get tires and get some coil spacers first for the front for like $80 and then get larger tires than what you can currently fit.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Another thing you will need to do if you get bigger tires is to regear. I know how much of a turd those old 4-cylinders are and they can't get out of their own way with stock tires, much less larger ones.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i had a 30" tire it fit perfect and when i lifted it and put 33 the 4 banger worked great and i didnt regear

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
BADINTEN said:
i had a 30" tire it fit perfect and when i lifted it and put 33 the 4 banger worked great and i didnt regear
The good part about the 4 cyl is that alot of them came with pretty low gears... I remember the 4cyl 4x4's from the early 90's even had 4.10's!

·
Registered
583 Posts
My 96 2wd 4-cylinder had 4.10s in it if I remember right and even with stupid small factory like 215/ 70/ 14 size tires it couldn't get out of its own way, much less when I put 235/ 75s on it. Then the only races I was going to win would be with a turtle and that would be a close race.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts