Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2009 ford ranger xlt 4x4..i was curious as to what size tire can i fit on my truck with no lift and NO rubbing? right now i run a 255/70/R16 came stock on the truck and everyone at garages is tellin me this is the only size i can run..any ideas?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well that tire converts to a 30" tire with it being stock you might be able to run a 31 with out rubbing

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
When my 97 4x4 was stock, 31x10.50's would rub slightly at full turn.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Mine is a 03 Edge so its got the 2 in rear blocks and t-bars in the front. Without the t-bars cranked up on the 2wd my new 31x10.5x15 dont rub anywhere. 31's would be a safe bet i would say.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
his is a 09 bossman so different susp but is it coil or t-bars on the 09

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
True. I'm just saying that at fully stock height, mine scrubbed. He should be able to crank the t-bars and be fine with 31x10.50's.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
is the 09 a t-bar see i dont know these things im not into newer cars as much as our old goats lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
LOL... I think it is... but I could be wrong... my 06+ Ranger knowledge is a little lacking...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sooo basically if i crank up the bars i can fit 31's? if i dont and i put 31's on i will rub..i hate hearin tire rub, used to have that in lowered cars..i was tryin to avoid crankin the bolts..knowone has a 09 v6 4x4 ranger with stock suspension and bigger tires?? i just need tires cause of the snow, and my stock BF's suck..

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Cranking the bolts a couple times should give you enough room for 31's. Remember though, that cranking the bolts will probably throw your alignment out of whack.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Lando13 said:
i just need tires cause of the snow
Why do you want to go up in size? Right now your truck is optimized for the stock size tire. IMO a taller tire is harder to start off with in the snow because you are more likely to start spinning. I would buy a stock size tire with fairly large lug voids for the snow and lots of tire siping and studs for the ice. Buy some rims to put them on, in the long run you'll save money. If your going for looks then :question: Richard

·
Registered
984 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Lando13 said:
i just need tires cause of the snow
Why do you want to go up in size? Right now your truck is optimized for the stock size tire. IMO a taller tire is harder to start off with in the snow because you are more likely to start spinning. I would buy a stock size tire with fairly large lug voids for the snow and lots of tire siping and studs for the ice. Buy some rims to put them on, in the long run you'll save money. If your going for looks then :question: Richard
agreed..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true..im looking for a more aggressive tire..i dont need height, but all the tires i want come in 31's..i saw some bf authority? those looked nice but dont come in my stock size..there are also federals that dont come in my stock size..the only ones i found that i sorta like are the general grabbers at2..

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
junkranger97 said:
265 70 r15 is 31 inch tires then?.

This size actually equates to 30.6"x10.4"

So it's probably about as close as you will get.

edit... put in the wrong size... LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts