Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now if i want my tires and rims to stick farther out from the fenders do i want a negative or positive offset i'm pretty sure i want a negative but im trying to make sure before i spend all this money on rims thanks fellas

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I found this on wikipedia:

Positive Offset - The plane of the hub mounting surface is shifted from the centerline toward the front or outside of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative Offset - The plane of the hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheel's centerline.

With this being said, I would say that a negative offset would make the tires stick out further as the wheel mounting surface is further back in the rim. This would cause the rim's centerline to be further out than normal.

Here's a link to their page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(wheel)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm interested in some rims that stick out farther too. I'd be interested in any info that you want to pass along, such as who makes them and how much they cost. I've also thought of using[shims?] adapters[?] Maybe if both of us ordered rims at the same time there would be a slight discount.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts