Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am trying to get our great lakes members to meet this summer for an offroad adenture, and to show ur trucks. this is for all great lakes members that can make it. lifted trucks and lowered it doesn't matter. the gathering is at silver lake state park. for those of u who do not know what this place is it is sand dunes, mud, and sand drag races. there will be a i guess u could say convoy or group that will be going out on the dunes with their trucks if they would like or if they dare lol. if the people with the lowered truck would like they can join in our trucks. if u have quads or dirt bikes bring them. but u will have to get a michigan offroad permit for each toy u bring including ur truck. now u must have a flag on ur front bumper or brush guard the tall flags lol. they sell them there so if u don't have one u need to come with a place to put it or u CAN NOT go out onto the dunes. on quads and dirt bikes the flags have to be put on the rear of them. i am trying to set a date where everyone will be able to come. like i said u don't have to go out on the dunes if u so choose. the offroad permits last year were 14 bucks. i think there is a one day permit but idk i have to check into that cuz i always get the whole year ones lol. please if u are from the great lakes region contact me in a PM or post it right here. thank u if any questions same thing PM or on here thanks. cya on the posts bye

for a video of silver lake and the fun it is here yall go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwRi7X2WmtM

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'd be up for that if I could get into the states :'(
Richard

·
Registered
583 Posts
Probably the most well-known city near Silver Lake is Grand Rapids, about 1 1/2ish hours away. But I think that the town right next to the dunes is Shelby, but I am not 100% sure on that.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ah, I completely forgot about Muskegon. Doesn't the ferry operate out of Muskegon so any Wisconsin members could come easily too.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
West said:
Ah, I completely forgot about Muskegon. Doesn't the ferry operate out of Muskegon so any Wisconsin members could come easily too.
yes it does i would have to check where it lands into wisconsin but yup silver lake is in between muskegan and ludintion right on lake michigan still i need to know who wants to go and the times and dates they can make it please let me know and i am looking for a person to help orginize this trip if there are any takers let me know that to lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nope, it shouldn't. There are always 4-wheelers, dirtbikes, sand rails, and all sorts of toys there. You just have to have a valid driver's license and have a flag that meets a certain height requirement.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I could help organize it, but I most likely won't end up going. At school, me and my buddies go on random "lets go to Silver Lake" days and during the summer I probably won't have any time. And come here shortly I won't have any $$$ cuz I am planning on buying a motorcycle.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Kool then if I can make it I can bring the 91. Just need to put the clutch in it and cut the **** out of the wheel wells to fit my 32-10.5 copper discovery STT on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
the only bad part is that it's 11.5 hours a way form me but if I can Get the Funds to gather I will be there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts