Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across these images of the upcoming Ford Bronco. It shares the same platform as our 2019 Rangers, although I don't know how much it shares with the 2020-2021 Ranger. Either way, its another option for those of us wanting capability but in a more enclosed package. The biggest takeaway from this photo set are close ups of the suspension.
On a personal end, i've always been a fan of the Bronco, I remember being a kid and always looking forward to hopping in my uncles 90' Bronco which he kept till about 10-12 years ago. Even back then there weren't many SUV's like them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I really hope that this is just a chopped up Ranger shell to test out the new powertrain. The proportions of this thing are way off and I do not like the design at all. What a disappointment if this is what we're getting in the production model after such a long wait.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably the biggest take away from this is the fact its sized right to factor what both the Ranger and Bronco need. Its all I care about right now because its both those models i'm looking forward to. At this point its just patience to see the end result.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its really just the topper that looks out of place, but this is probably far removed from the official production model. Like the wheel setup we are seeing and hope this thing turns out to be a very capable off roader.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its really just the topper that looks out of place, but this is probably far removed from the official production model. Like the wheel setup we are seeing and hope this thing turns out to be a very capable off roader.
essentially anything that can be changed easily without impacting test results should be taken with a grain of salt, the rest is likely what we're getting and also what we can't see much of :grin2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now development of the new Bronco gets even more interesting. A smaller version is in the works, something I might prefer over a "regular" Bronco.

I'm already serious about getting the new Ranger, especially as we get closer to 2020. Having a "regular" Bronco would be too much of the same leaving this baby Bronco as a great commuter focused alternative...

The Ford Bronco is set to return in 2020, and it will get a smaller sibling known so far as the "baby Bronco." Now, thanks to a new trademark filing, we may know that smaller vehicle's real name: Bronco Scout.

Ford filed a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the Bronco Scout nameplate on April 15. Auto Verdict was the first to find the application and reported it on Friday. The filing notes the Bronco Scout name would be used for "land motor vehicles, namely passenger automobiles, pick-up trucks, sport utility vehicles; land motor vehicle parts for passenger automobiles, pickup-trucks, sport utility vehicles, namely, shock absorbers, shock absorbing springs, vehicle anti-roll cars, braces for suspension struts, exterior metal decorative and protective trim, exterior plastic extruded decorative and protective trim, differentials, gear shifts," and the list goes on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts