Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bout a new ranger bout a month ago. when i got it, there was no sway on it. i had no problems with it and i botu it with a four inch suspention and 3 in body lift. i just put on new 5 inch knuckles and havent done the back yet. but when i test drove it the truck did a death wobble at 45. almost flipped. Could this be from not haveing a sway bar?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Im not an expert on lifted trucks like some of the guys on here are but I would assume its because of the sway bar missing. Probably could just go to a junk yard and grab a sway bar off a truck like yours.

·
Registered
753 Posts
NO its not the sway bar, there are many reasons it would be, all i know is it is not because you dont have one. Death wobble is when both wheels turn separate. Could be from not having good tie rods, or not beeing aligned properly.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I agree with Dyllan... most of the issues from Death Wobble that I've heard of stem from a bad alignment or wearing on the tierods/ball joints...

·
Registered
712 Posts
its from your alignment trust me i used to install lift's on the side and its the alignment go get it aligned and it should be ok and if you didn't install a drop pit-man arm i would get one it will be a lot less stress on you steering parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks.. i use to have bad tie rods and i jsut put them in myself. i knew that i need to get it alighnd jsut from doin that. ive been told alot and the one i didnt agree with eather was that sway bar. i never had one before and i jsut lifted my truck one more inch. thanks guys, really helped

·
Registered
711 Posts
cvalcore said:
its from your alignment trust me i used to install lift's on the side and its the alignment go get it aligned and it should be ok and if you didn't install a drop pit-man arm i would get one it will be a lot less stress on you steering parts.
i swear i saw a 4x4 show one time (cant remember which one) that said death wobble was caused by not having a drop pitman.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Well pitman are may solve the problem if his truck wasn't 98+ which means it has a rack. I would say it is needs an alignment, but sounds more like wheel bearings or out of round/balance wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts