Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lifting my truck soon any suggestons? i am using the james duff 5.5 lift kit. worried about drive lines? will be swaping in a 8.8 and a dana 35 when i lift it. :(

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't have any personal experience with lift kits, but I'm sure someone will help you out.
Richard

·
Registered
711 Posts
welcome to the site! if you are adding a D35 and 8.8 you will need to shorten your D-lines. and if the kit doesn't come with extended brake lines you will have to do that as well. good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Welcome aboard! If your driveline angle is too severe in the rear (rhymed... LOL), you could get a driveshaft out of a 98-2000 4x4 that is a one-piece. It's a common swap most people end up doing to the pre-98 4x4's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The kit does come with extended brake lines i called and asked them. will the one pice drive shaft work after i lit the truck and swap in my 8.8. i will be buying the lift as soon as i can sell my f150.

·
Registered
711 Posts
off_road_junkie23 said:
The kit does come with extended brake lines i called and asked them. will the one pice drive shaft work after i lit the truck and swap in my 8.8. i will be buying the lift as soon as i can sell my f150.
if you haven't got the D35 and 8.8 yet when you do also get the drive shafts and the T-case output flanges from the donor. the explorer shafts will need to be cut to size but the are beefier. 8)
P.S. nice avatar! :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i found the avater on the internet. i was going to get new ones made up that are the same size of a f150 u joints to. somebody buy my f150 so i can buy my lift :'( :'(lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts