Ford Ranger Forums banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Great looking pics man! I may have missed it in a previous post, but what are those brackets on your bumper for? Didn't you have an 04 bumper on there?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
yeah i did have that 04 on there but it wasnt as heavy duty as the stock and id rather beat the crap out of this one than the 04 one and those brackets, well ill show you with some new pictures lol

i also found another free canopy sitting on the side of the road and its 100% better than the old one

i still got some needed painting to do and some finish wleding and gussets to doon that grille guard thing but so far i like it, but im still trying to figure out if i want to make head light protecters that add on to the grille guard so thats still up in the air. So tell me what you guys think? Thanks

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I think you need head light protectors that wrap around slightly.

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Coming along nice man! The grill guard looks great; very custom!

So you just found the canopy on the side of the road? That was pretty lucky considering it was already white!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
thanks, and yeah on the side of the road with a free sign on it, thats two canopies that i have found and both fit pretty good lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
well guys, im back and it looks like im selling the ranger, i love this ranger i just need more room and power and 4x4 lol, im looking at a 91 f250 4x4 with the inline 6 on 37's. as far as an upadate, ive put in a new clutch and slave cyl and also a throw out bearing, and ive kept it running with no problems what so ever. see yea guys soon

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
NOOOOOOO!

I'm going to miss this Ranger... :(

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If you have to go full size the 300 ci six is the best all around choice IMO. It'll get the best fuel economy and still pull stumps. It has lots of torque to turn those 37's, especially if the gears haven't been changed. Let us know how you like it.

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I say go for it man... I was just joking in my last thread (even though I really will miss your truck).

But you will still post here right? :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
yea im pretty excited about it, i had a list and this truck fit it perfectly, the only thing is the body is beat up and the interior is beat up but it come with everything i need to make it pretty again so to speak. its got the inline 6 five speed, 10.25 rear end with stock gears ( mabey 3.55;s or 3.73s) and dana 50 ttb front, standard cab long box, on 37's with 16 inch aftermarket rims, GVW is raised so no need to aircare and its straght piped all the way back. and for $700 talked him down from $1200, thats pretty much everything lol, another reason why im buying it is cause i dought i will break anything unless im a huge idiot, it a tank. and yea of coarse ill still be here, one of the best forums ive been on with out a doubt.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That thing sounds like a beast! You shouldn't have any trouble out of the D50 TTB. They are probably one of the strongest independent front suspensions ever made!

Cosmetic things can be fixed pretty easy. It will give you some good practice doing body work! Make sure you post up some pics when you get 'er home! :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
i deffinatly will, its not pretty but it will work hard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
got some pics of me 4x4ing so to speak

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
i still have the ranger, its been up for sale for awhile, and ive added a few things, like black grille and the 3rd gen 4x4 valance, its not installed yet tho.

i also have some new pics

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
When you're trying to sell it really helps to keep the truck clean. Use a steam cleaner, nobody wants to buy something and then have to work on it unless it's super cheap.
Good looking truck though,

Richard

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
yea, deffinatly got to clean that, looks worse in the pictures lol, but still dirty, thanks alwaysfloored

201 - 220 of 220 Posts