Ford Ranger Forums banner

spay tint coner lights?? will it work?

11K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  flipwicked 
#1 ·
and what about headlight if i did one coat o paint on them or is this a bad idea

#2 ·
Headlights would probably be a bad idea and may get you a ticket... I've seen some people do the corner lights, and it looked alright...

I would recommend getting some black headlights/corners off ebay or something

#8 ·
the best way to tint lights is to get some legit black automotive paint (not duplicolor from autozone either)and reduce it out then clear it, it works awsome and you can use it on all lights and lenses. that is how my tail lights on my mustang are done and they are so glossy it will make your truck look scratched. I am going to be doing this for a small fee very shortly for any body that would want to send me there lights.

#15 ·
there's some spray tint called "VHT Nightshade" that most people use to tint their lights. I really like the look on taillights, but have never really been a fan of doing the front lights (on a Ranger at least)...

#17 ·
that vht stuff is garbage. it dosent let any light through at all. this way that I do it you could tint head lights as dark as you want and it dosent make a difference on the output of light. it makes the headlights look a little yellow, but if you have HID's or blue bulbs it dosent affect the color at all.

#24 ·
unless you got black headlights to go with it and then it would look pretty good! The black and red theme is usually a good one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.