Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya'll all know im a draftsman at the local granite quarry. I had to go down to the plant today to get some measurements of a piece of stone that we are adding more stones with. While I was doen there, found some of my work that I had drew up actually cut out of stone.

Here is a memorial we are doing. It consists of Absolute Black Granite bieng epoxied to the big tan limestone pieces that you see. In the circle you see up top there is a big round circle Absolute Black Granite piece going there that has the eage Apollo Igsingia lazer etched into the stone like the igsiginas on the other small stones you see.

and here is the fabrication ticket for the top stone

[IMG]

[img]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/dixie_boysles/granite005.jpg

In the below photos are some granite benches for a planter that I did. Those bastards were hard to draw!

Here are the stones:

Now here is the one of the fabrication tickets that I drew for it

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Those are nice man!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gerald1488 said:
Cool Pictures Dixie looks like you have a killer job 8)
Its actually boring. Just think, i have to make one ticker like that after another! Thats why my internet is alway minimized to one of my forums, to give me a visual break! I hope i get the college teaching job i have lined up, it pays alot more and is more exciting

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gerald1488 said:
Yes that job sounds cool too. When will you know?
Not real sure. ive got an email from the guy the other day saying that he will be adding an evening class that he wants me to teach "providing we can get the students". You see the drafting program at my old community college is really lacking students. there were only three of us when i was going andim the only one that graduated out of us three. Ive contacted my old high shool drafting teacher in an attempt to go to one of his classes on my lunch break to tell his student about the program and hopefully get some students to sign up for the fall semester

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
What programs do yall use down there? Virginia Beach and the whole hampton roads area is mainly AutoCAD but SolidWroks is starting to make a run into the market here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Olfordtruck said:
What programs do yall use down there? Virginia Beach and the whole hampton roads area is mainly AutoCAD but SolidWroks is starting to make a run into the market here.
We use AutoCad (my favorite). I HATE SolidWorks!! I know alot of firms around here use Por Engineer

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
AutoCAD is still my favorite but SolidWorks saw some of my work in HS and gave me a Liscense to their software to try it out. Theres parts I like and parts I cant stand. SolidWorks is better for me when designing moving parts and assembling them on the computer. But on the other hand ill just use Inventor for that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well even though I have a degree in Mechanical Drafting, I currently work in architectural stone as you can tell. So I dont do any kind of 3d work now.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ah gotcha. Ive got my certifications for all the different programs but never use them. College and ROTC take up my time too much. Where is your degree through for that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts