Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, my fishing tournament got moved to Sunday, so i had all day to spend some much needed time with the Ranger. She hadn't been waxed in a while. While I was in toen i picked up some Meguiar's SwirlX to see if i could do any damage to swirled paint. My hood looks AWFUL when the sun hits it. I washed and hand dried her. i then proceeded to use the SwirlX on the hood followed my a good clay bar application. Then i used some Meguiar's Paint cleaner, then Meguiar's Paint polish; and topped it off with a fresh coat of Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Wax. I just did all of this to the hood. i only waxed the rest of the truck due to that i knew i wouldnt have enough time to do everything i wanted because it gets darker fast now (stupid daylight savings time). I even waxed the Alcoas! I applied all of this by hand so when i got done, my arms hurt. ive got to get a buffer or go see Trent! I'm having the truck professionally buffed and detailed beginning of Spring to make the paint look like brand new (i hate working at a gtanite quarry) Anyways enough rambling, on to the pics:

Before:

After:

(I hate how the sun give Torch Red an orange tint)

My buddy Jason's 2001 Dakota. Its alright. The Ranger will really outrun his 3.9L V6 in all aspects--pulling, acceleration, top speed, etc... He just had a new engine put it it due to the fact that his Ex blew the orig. engine by pulling it down to 2nd gear thinking she was in Drive---WTF, stupid blonde.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
very nice! makes the alcoas look brand new!

I havent washed mine since probably the summer of 2005... it has about a quarter inch layer of three years of pollen... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I agree, the red (other than the black ;D) would have to be my favorite color!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Well thats what you say now, but in a hundred years when those two trucks are the only ones left, you will take the red, because you will want to hide the rust... lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts