Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my 1997 ford ranger its 2 wheel drive 4 cylinder its 5 speed i would like to lift it but senice it is 2 wheel drive i dont know if it would be dumb or not

·
Registered
583 Posts
Its your truck man, do what you want to do. Personally my philosophy is lift 4x4, slam 2wd. But do whatever you think you would like best.

·
Registered
585 Posts
depends were you live too, i live in a town with minimal places to use a 4x4 but there are trails and such. thats why i lifted my 94
but its up to you man

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Most desert racers use 2wd and they lift, the front higher than the back too. I think it looks a little funny but maybe that works better in the whoops and jumps at speed :question:
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
If you wanna lift it, go for it!

Who cares if it's smart or dumb, as long as you like it! You're gonna have haters either way... LOL

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
If you wanna lift it, go for it!

Who cares if it's smart or dumb, as long as you like it! You're gonna have haters either way... LOL
SOOO TRUE!
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
gotta start somewhere man! I'm sure it will look great... what size you planning on going with?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, judging by your specs, 31's may be a little too large... maybe PlumCrazy will chime in soon... he's the man with this stuff!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had 235/75's on my old Ranger, a 96 2wd, 4-cylinder and the tires rubbed at full lock on the steering. It was basically the exact same truck you have except mine was a reg. cab.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
really its how you want it i love lifted and lowed rides but im building a 96 2wd on 37(right now) and a v-8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts