Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why Dana 60's? If you're gonna buy new stuff get a ford 9 inch and a Hi9 for the front. You have a lightweight truck, keep it lightweight and it will make offroading a dream. WHEN I break my D44 I'll be building a front 9 inch.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
60's are a beast man!

Are you getting them narrowed, or gonna run them full width?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Exactly. Beastly heavy. You run a 9 inch in the front with D60 outers and you'll have a bulletproof front end that weighs less than half as much. You can run the 35 spline axles for the 9 inch and spline em to fit the 60 outers. The rear can easily be modded to do anything the 60 can do. Plus it'll be cheaper. The late 80's vans had a pinion support that has a speed sensor for ABS as well so you have a chance of still passing an inspection. When it comes to buying new axles, D60s would be my last choice.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, they are pretty heavy... hell, my D44's are heavy as crap... LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ah, you said new, so I took it as you were gonna buy them. $400 is not bad for axles. Mine were about $600CAD... Double that by the time they were installed... Maybe more :p

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I hear that man, you cant beat that price! I paid about $700 for my two axles (freighted.. that cost about $400 by itself!).

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
if thsoe are the same as 73-79s the front is not a dana 60. its a dana 44 with 8 lug outters

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
plans changed i have gathered race tuned 5.0 efi with wires and computer, c6 tranny, atlas II t-case, ford 9 inch rear, and just found a dana 44 front with locker and 4.10 gears. will have 7 inch lift, fox race shocks c/o, and 36 inch bfg km2's also a 2010 grill, 04 hood, prerunner fenders. and olford has agreed to do red leds under it and in the engine and grill. what do u think

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ill believe it when i see it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts