Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Its been a long time since I have been on this site.lol But I figured I would update everyone.

-PlumCrazy

·
Registered
585 Posts
no way!! you actualy did it, awesome job

·
Registered
711 Posts
BAD! 8)

how's she do?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only had it out once so far. Just some little hill climbs and a few short trails, and so far so good. I hit a hole the sunk me up too my headlights and crawled out in 2wd.lol I hadnt locked in my hubs and it didnt look deep, but when I got into it it dropped off lol.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
that my friend is fucking bad ass there is alot you should look up on the site we have been busy while you where out plum

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Wow!

I'm officially jealous...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That looks really good. I hope you do a write up.

Richard

·
Registered
711 Posts
what are you doing with all your ttb goodies? ;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only things left are the d35 beams complete with knuckles and dual piston calipers, and shafts. I also still have an old 3.73 pig laying in the shed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I have since swapped in the 5x5.5 rear shafts so all my wheels match.

My next mod will be a doubler. I just swapped in a new trans and clutch, and would like to see this clutch last. I had to slip my last one so much to get over some mild logs and rocks that it didnt last too long.lol 93.9:1 final crawl ratio should take care of that.lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
its bad ass bro was it harder than you though it would be to swap it out

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It wasnt bad at all. I stripped down the axle a while back and converted it do disc brakes using F150 knuckles. I painted it and put all new bearings and seals in it as well as the wedge bushings. I dropped all the TTB stuff ot and the D44 bolted right into my extend RA brackets from the TTB, but the caster was a bit off and I wanted to push the axle forward a few more inches. It took less than 8 hrs all together to make up new RA brackets, trac bar mount, and steering linkage.

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats plum-awesome! ;D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the front is a d44 with f-150 knuckles and the back i think is still a 8.8

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
t120r said:
What axles did you use?
75 Bronco Dana 44 up front with 78 F150 knuckles for disc brakes with over the knuckle steering using 3/4" rod ends and 1.5" diameter .25" wall DOM tubing.

98 Ford Explorer 31 spline 8.8 with disc brakes and L/S with custom Dutchman alloy axle shafts to get 5x5.5 bolt pattern to match the front.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BADINTEN said:
what about the drive shaft did you have one custom made bro
Stock Ranger front shaft still bolts right up and has plenty of slip yoke engagement. I am still running a stock one piece rear shaft from a 98+ 4x4 supercab Ranger.

But the front shaft will need extended about 6" and the rear will need to be shortened about 6" when I get the doubler in there.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
good to know that it works for know the drive shaft is a hard part to do on custom stuff

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ah, you're a smarter man than I. The EB axle is MUCH easier to install than the '78-'78 Bronco axle. If I had my time back, I never would have went with FSB axles. What a PIA to set up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts