Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can start it easy on first turn, engine runs smooth and great. rev up the engine it chocks at 3000 rpm. take it in revers and then 1st gear it all runs smooth. pull out of driveway and before I shift it hits 3000rpm and jumps and bucks. let off gas and when in neutral it stops bucking and goes into 2nd fine and will go till you hit 3000rpm and do it again. If like I did, take it on the back road and us low rpms to shift ( truck is a manual by the way) then give it gas and once it hits 3000 rpm in 5th gear it bucks real bad and will cut out almost chocking. The fuel pump works, new plugs, wires, alternator, never had this problem. 2 years ago had my slave cylinder replaced and they didn't adjust it well and a poor job but it shifted fine. this happened when I pulled it out this spring and summer. It ran fine for a few months and then one day scared the crap out of me when I got to 3000rpm. I could always take it to 4500 rpm downshifting to pass some one, now I can't pass a cat and it can cut me off. Doe's anyone know what is going on. I have a 2003 ford ranger edge 3.0, 5 speed manual and I don't know if it is the camshaft syncronizer assymbly? anyone have this problem

1 - 1 of 1 Posts