Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally had my first accident on Friday. and since i didn't have my camera i thought i'd show everyone what happened using Paint! ;D

So I just got off work and i'd only driven for 2 mins tops when a girl in a blue nissan maxima doesn't see me comming and pulls out right in front of me! ???

I slam on my brakes so she slams on HER brakes!

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........

.................EEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH-CRASH!!!!!!!

Her maxima suffered massive damage to the body and frond end. I'm pretty sure it's totalled. she couldn't even start the engine afterwards and her driver front wheel was at about a 45 degree angle. My Jeep on the other hand, got a bent bumper and very minor damage to fender. the cops showed up and wrote her a ticket :police: and i drove my jeep home.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Glad everyone is okay!

And by the way... the paint pictures were far more fun than the real thing... everyone should start using them! :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dude, I love the paint pictures. There was absolutely no confusion whatsoever about what happened during the accident. Pictures are worth a thousand words as the old saying goes. But that sucks about the accident.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Glad everyone was okay and the jeep was alright! Those pics are awesome!!! You might be starting a new trend here!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
her insurance company called me today and they set up an apointment on tuesday to get an estimate on the damage to my jeep. so they can fix it. and said they would get me a rental while it's in the shop.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
RICO9 said:
her insurance company called me today and they set up an apointment on tuesday to get an estimate on the damage to my jeep. so they can fix it. and said they would get me a rental while it's in the shop.
score. lol and glad ur ok and it wasn't ur B II.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The appraiser cut me a check today for $1400! i'm pretty sure i can get it fixed for half of that. (Utah is crawling with used jeep parts).

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That's great about the insurance money!

A buddy of mine once had a guy back into his door. He had to get a new door and have it paited... the insurance gave him $1900!

Needless to say, he got a junkyard door and had the truck completely repainted and pocketed $900... LOL

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Sounds good man! I did the same thing with my first car! They said the trunk and rear bumber needed to be replaced on my '94 Nissan Sentra so I got $900 and got the same color parts from the yard for $150. Money in the bank son! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts