Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just wondering, would it be possible to take off the cab of my ranger, put it upside down on the ground, cut out whats left of the floor, and weld a new one in?
thanks

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet thanks alot bud

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i was thinking if i cant find a good floor, can i just put in some 1/6 or 1/4 sheet metal or something like that and weld on some 2x3 square tubing for supports every 20" or so, and paint it black and all nice and whatnot, would you think that would be good to pass inspection? thanks

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
See I don't know what kind of inspections you have out there. But yes you can make your own floor pan i have welded in new floor pans on my buddy's 67 chevelle after we cut out all the rust... So I know it can be done.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i was thinking maybe around 1/8 or 3/16, but i dont mean just a floor pan i mean the entire floor. and its an 86 ex cab. cause most of the floor is gone. but im not to sure until i take the cab off which ill probably do soon.
thanks alot

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
first off is the truck worth keeping. second ppl do it all the time when you do a body drop on a ranger( cut the floor out and lower the cab and lift the floor) you have to patch in the differ from the floor to the cab. third dont flip it up side down and do the work. yes it maybe easyer to cut but the truck will be way far out of square. fourth if you have another ranger cab thats rolled or messed up in another way just cut the floor out of it

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys but just click the link in my siggy thats my build thread im puttin the reg cab on her

1 - 10 of 10 Posts