Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if I can remove the air cond. with-out releasing all the gas, I might want to put it in something else someday. And save the environment 8). And save some money.
Thanks,Richard

·
Registered
583 Posts
Unless you can take every part off with the lines still attached, I don't think you will be able to do it. You could go to a shop and have them recover all the refrigerant with the machine and then take the parts off.

·
Registered
984 Posts
becareful that **** is not good for you. Refrigerant poisoning
A refrigerant is a chemical that makes things cold. This article discusses poisoning from sniffing or swallowing such chemicals.

Poisonous Ingredient
Fluorinated hydrocarbons
Where Found
Various refrigerants
Some fumigants
Note: This list may not be all inclusive.
Symptoms

Lungs
Breathing difficulty
Throat swelling (which may also cause breathing difficulty)
Eyes, ears, nose, and throat
Severe pain in the throat
Severe pain or burning in the nose, eyes, ears, lips, or tongue
Loss of vision
Stomach and intestines
Severe abdominal pain
Vomiting
Burns of the esophagus (food pipe)
Vomiting blood
Blood in the stool
Heart and blood
Irregular heart rhythms
Collapse
Skin
Irritation
Burn
Necrosis (holes) in the skin or underlying tissues
NOTE: Most symptoms result from breathing in the substance.

Home Care
Seek immediate emergency medical care. Move the person to fresh air. Be careful to avoid being overcome with the fumes while helping someone else.

Contact Poison Control for further information

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
sloue said:
A refrigerant is a chemical that makes things cold. This article discusses poisoning from sniffing or swallowing such chemicals.

Poisonous Ingredient
Fluorinated hydrocarbons
Where Found
Various refrigerants
Some fumigants
Symptoms

Lungs
Breathing difficulty
Loss of vision
Stomach and intestines
Severe abdominal pain
Vomiting
Vomiting blood
Blood in the stool
Heart and blood
Irregular heart rhythms
Collapse
Skin
Irritation
Burn

Home Care
Seek immediate emergency medical care. Move the person to fresh air. Be careful to avoid being overcome with the fumes while helping someone else.

lol wow i gues its like trying to chug a can of cold coke, ive been having several cans of coke a day for years and still cant chug it hahah

but my 89 B2 had air conditioning and its been removed and thet guy told me he dont it hiself

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sloue said:

Poisonous Ingredient
Fluorinated hydrocarbons
Where Found
Various refrigerants
Some fumigants
Symptoms

Lungs
Breathing difficulty
Loss of vision
Stomach and intestines
Severe abdominal pain
Vomiting
Vomiting blood
Blood in the stool
Heart and blood
Irregular heart rhythms
Collapse
Skin
Irritation
Burn

Home Care

Thanks for heads-up.
Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ya and just another side note if you get caugh cutting a line or depressing the valve to let it out its a huge fine all that o-zone control bull ****. but there is no way to save it your self if you take it to a shop they will charge you to pull the freon out and they dont store it for you they just keep it.

if you just want to gain the small amount of power you would from not having to drive the ac you can just go buy the belt for the non ac set up but the real gain is from taking it out for weight savings.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I don't like wasting s***, and I can't drive this on road, and no trailer :mad:. I'll have to see what's involved with siphoning the gas; if I can make my own system. I'll research this!
Richard

·
Registered
984 Posts
fordzilla said:
lol wow i gues its like trying to chug a can of cold coke, ive been having several cans of coke a day for years and still cant chug it hahah

but my 89 B2 had air conditioning and its been removed and thet guy told me he dont it hiself
you kill me yes it just like chugging a can of coke except you could die........ :eek:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was able to remove the air cond. with-out losing gas but what a pita. :mad:

It would have helped lifting out with a second set of hands

well, it wasn't that bad, the hardest part was finding the bolts that hold on the plastic shroud to the fire wall. the plastic fender has to be removed to access 2 bolts, one of you can't see without a mirror.
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice job man!

·
Registered
984 Posts
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? you sir are a god of tenacity. just fuckn wow all my years ,i have never even imagined that. well thats it no more worries about a safely built truck here. you do that! and i am quite sure that any thing else will be spot on. my hats off to you sir :eek:

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's pretty amazing. Didn't think it could be done. Kudos to you. Now try to do it on a more modern vehicle from the 2000s, then I would be utmost speechless. lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
lol see the thing thats killin me is your going to set that down out of the way and the gas will over time be useless even when the ac is not used the gas goes bad over time now ether that or some one drops something on your condensor and cracks the lines. on another note man you have patient from hell lol get er done buddy

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BADINTEN said:
lol see the thing thats killin me is your going to set that down out of the way and the gas will over time be useless even when the ac is not used the gas goes bad over time now ether that or some one drops something on your condensor and cracks the lines. on another note man you have patient from hell lol get er done buddy
Your probably right on all of the above but I was tearing it out anyway and I wanted to see if it could be done. If I was to do it again I'd have both vehicles ready for a transplant.
A friend said I could use propane as a refrigerant which is cheap ;D but explosive :eek: >:D. I might try it to top off a system.
Richard

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:
BADINTEN said:
Your probably right on all of the above but I was tearing it out anyway and I wanted to see if it could be done. If I was to do it again I'd have both vehicles ready for a transplant.
A friend said I could use propane as a refrigerant which is cheap ;D but explosive :eek: >:D. I might try it to top off a system.
Richard
wow that would be crazy ???

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
lol well ill have to pass on the propane its not that much to buy the r-134 and its way safer lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts