Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually looking for a temp controlled one. My dad can get one out of another car that I can rig to run at full blast.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I've heard Taurus fans can be used. I imagine any temp. controlled fan of the right size used to cool a similar sized [4.0l] engine could be used.

Richard

·
Registered
711 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:
I've heard Taurus fans can be used. I imagine any temp. controlled fan of the right size used to cool a similar sized [4.0l] engine could be used.

Richard
thats what i was gonna say!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one from a 3.8 Mustang that looks like it would be the right size. Im gonna have to find the temp control for it though.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you can get a temp control after market from any performance place just about or autozone or other parts stores

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:

Richard

A buddy of mine used a fan out of a Lincoln once in is 2.3L. The fan wasn't powerful enough to keep the engine cool (and I think it was the same part number as the taurus fan). Granted, he could have installed it wrong, I'm not sure, but it constantly overheated.

I would recommend buying an aftermarket dual e-fan to ensure you can keep the 4.0L cool.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
thats a sad fan if you cant keep the 2.3l cool lol it almost cools its self lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Haha... I know...

The fan was actually really small. Probably about a foot in diameter.

Come to think of it, he had tons of issues with his. When he first installed it, he wired something wrong and it wouldn't shut off. Killed his battery twice... haha

·
Registered
655 Posts
orileys sells a nice kit and rad temp control kit as well go there or order online nice kit i bought one for my self well my truck for christmas

·
Registered
388 Posts
Had to use a Flex a lite 1250 cfm fan with the temp control through summit due to space limitations, worked great so far for the last 3 years and the engine temp barely gets above the "a" at the bottom of the temp guage. Guess having a 4 row radiator with the V8 kinda helps also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts