Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didn't no where to put this but here it is i have 1990 ranger with a rear sliding window and i can not find a new window seal anywhere mine has shrunk and is leaking does any one no where i can get one. i have looked every where and ive called all the window shops around here and nothing.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I would assume autozone or advanced auto parts could at least order it for you.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Have you checked ebay? Also, do you think the window may be the same as some of the newer models?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everyone ive talked to said the reson you cant get them is becouse the the sliding window part is part of the seal. and they all say you have to get a used one to replace it but the one's ive looked at all look like mine. but i can get a new one peace glass seal but i like having the sliding window.

·
Registered
583 Posts
[ftp=ftp://http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/full.aspx?Page=85]http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/full.aspx?Page=85[/ftp]

They have the same window listed for reg. cab for 83-97 and ext. cab for 86-97. So if you could find one out of a newer truck that is good, it may be cheaper. It also has the "rear window rubber," but I don't know if that is the seal you need or not.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that link does not work but i have checked out lmc and it says they have the sliding rear window seal but the pic shows a solid window maybe i should just call them.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there one is thanks. but boy that's pricey but i not to bad considering you get a new window it looks like you can just a seal but just for the standard cab i wonder what the difference is. mine's a extra cab

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I know on the 93-97's the standard cab window is a different size than the regular cab... it's a little taller...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts