Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a d35 and 8.8 from an exploder, and i have a few questions about lift.

I am using explorer coils and leafs, and I am going to use a 2 in spacer in the front. For the back i dont know whether to use an add a leaf in the explorer, put a bii leaf in the explorer leaf pack, use a lift block, or longer shackles???

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
x2 on the shackles. Look for Chevy drop shackles as they will lift the rear ~2".

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I'm not sure how well it would work. I've never heard of anyone doing it before.

It has potential to work like an add-a-leaf I guess.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
did you have to get a longer bolt to hold the pack together?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
check out eBay and maybe check out sites such as stylinconcepts or jcwhitney

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
^^^ I personally would try this. At the very least, it will cost you about $1.00 for slightly longer bolts & nuts.

The drop shackles would probably be about $40...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
I added pulled a leaf from an extra Ranger pack I had laying around and stuck it into my pack on my old Ranger. It road like a brick, but lifted the rear about 3"s.

-plumcrazy

·
Registered
8 Posts
i lifted mine with chevy leaf out of a 79 gmc but i think i would make some shackels because then you would have more flex if you want that to. they are really easy to make as long as you do it the right way ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
i don't know for sure but you may not need to do anything to the rear. when you put the 8.8 in you will need to cut off the leaf spring pads and re-weld them on the top of the axle tube so the leaf will be over the axle instead of under it. that will give you a lift of the thickness of the leaf spring+ the height of the axle+ the thickness of the spring pad+ any lift that the explorer leafs will give you. (i've heard 1" to 2"). SOA is a good thing. ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts