Ford Ranger Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
couldve but its "time" as ford said to retire a small truck that had a big life... that F-100 better be the truck replacing it and im looking for a 5.0 to go into it! 302 baby!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, ever since ford's CEO went to toyota to look how they do things a few years back he made a business plan... hat plan made them #1 over the recession... i hate that they are killing it but since they are im looking forward to the next step... And when the 3.0 came out it was a desperate measure by ford to create an engine that would go in most of the vehicles... the 3.0 saved ford mo co by making it cheaper in bulk and it retired in 2008 because it did its job and ford was at the point they could make something better. The range also saved ford early on.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ive got a lazy finger when it comes to typing i guess. haha... thats kinda weird how i do that! lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 4.0L in the third gen still only had 160 hp. It got the bump up to 207 in 2001 when it went to the overhead cam style.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ill double check my source then. It would make sense wouldnt it!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I believe 01-03 Rangers are considered Gen 5

·
Registered
585 Posts
i think some of that info might be wrong, im pretty sure 3rd gen rangers witha 4.0l didnt have 207, i think thats the newer sohc engines, i think have 155-175hp not sure but im pretty sure its around that range

·
Registered
21 Posts
white94ranger said:
i think some of that info might be wrong, im pretty sure 3rd gen rangers witha 4.0l didnt have 207, i think thats the newer sohc engines, i think have 155-175hp not sure but im pretty sure its around that range
x2. 160ish is the rated hp for the pushrod 4.0. the sohc 4.0 was rated around 210.

·
Registered
583 Posts
drppdyllwrngr said:
white94ranger said:
x2. 160ish is the rated hp for the pushrod 4.0. the sohc 4.0 was rated around 210.
I said the exact same thing on the last page too. lol.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts