3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yup yup, power in all rpm rangers!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Olfordtruck said:
yup yup, power in all rpm rangers!
you mean RANGES not RANGERS. you guys have rangers on the brain!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
haha, didnt even catch that! yes ranges... lol... wow, i got the ranger fever bad man!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
we need help, professional help... nah, screw that! lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
well the 3.0 is 156hp and around 185ish torque with the 3.73 gears. ive got a intake and lightning flowmaster exhaust with 4.10 gears and no tune yet and i keep up with my frends 4.0 so i imagine the 2.3 may do the same with that much less weight.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yup yup... not to mention the 2.3 has aluminum heads and block! The 3.0 is solid cast iron heads and block with a very high compression ratio made for producing amply amounts of torque for the liter size.

G

·
I gained 43 hp when I moved up from my 94 to my 05, and it felt like I'd moved up to a Mustang GT as far as performance.... haha... I know thats not much gain but my old 2.3 had seen better days when I got her.... (and both the 94 and this 05 are manual trannies)...

·
Registered
3 Posts
There were also some electric motor Rangers that were sold to fleets?
Check out Wikipedia or Google for details
Have seen a few for sale

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
grunt98444 said:
There were also some electric motor Rangers that were sold to fleets?
Check out Wikipedia or Google for details
Have seen a few for sale

Yeah, I believe they were made between 1998-2002. They were ridiculously expensive to produce. The earlier EV models used a less durable battery than the later models and it shows in their residual values. If you find the earlier models on ebay you can score one for less than $3-4K. The later models get a longer charge due to the higher efficiency batteries and you would be lucky to pay less than $15K for one...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
BADINTEN said:
does the 2.5 really have less power than the 2.3
I'm not really sure on this. I believe they are mostly the same motor. I've had a 2.5L 1999 Ranger before and it was prettly lacking in the power department. I will say though that gas mileage was wonderful!

Also, I believe there is more of an aftermarket for the 2.3L.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i was thinking of building a 2.5 for the ranchero i almost had to give up my motor for my brother truck

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
BADINTEN said:
i was thinking of building a 2.5 for the ranchero i almost had to give up my motor for my brother truck

When my '99 was wrecked, I parted out everything on eBay. The guy that bought the motor told me he was going to slap on a turbo and put it in a Miata!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i have pics of a miata in town thats got a giant blown and a 302 small block in it

21 - 40 of 41 Posts