1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
haha... can I even vote? I have one of both... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
ah, but I'm too biased towards my Ranger... had alot of issues with the BII... not knocking the BII, just bought a non-running one... LOL

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brother had a 1999 ranger, and my 88 rides smoother, and is faster than his ever was. Even after the engine and transmission both were replaced.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ranger for me. Love the BII but I love my Ranger more! Too bad Ford is killing the Ranger. Hope whatever small/ medium size truck is replacing it has a V8 in it! Maybe the new 302 thats going in the stang?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
the new sporttracs have the option for a V8... so I bet they try to push that vehicle more :(

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
probably but ive heard some rumors myself. Ive heard leaks of Ford and the new F-100. Could it be true... I sure as hell hope so!!! lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, if they have to ditch the ranger, I would love to see the F-100 come back!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Im pretty sure they said 2010 was the last year... if not then its 2011. They better have something ready!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hell yes with the F100 they were faster than the F150s back in the day. Didnt the ranger replace it? I like my light weight v6 for offroading.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I believe the ranger did replace the F100 or at least it came out within 5 years after they stopped making the F100...

I think the Ranger was Ford's way of showing they were concerned about the gas price spike of the late 70's... which begs the question:

Why on earth would they be giving up the Ranger when gas prices could possibly spike again to year ago levels? I'd be interested to see Ford's sales numbers of summer 08 vs summer 09 on F150 vs. Ranger... I bet the Ranger kicked ass in 08

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
The ranger did replace the F100. There was actually a transition model of the truck. Theres one on my street actually. Its the F-100 Ranger. Sweet truck. If you think about it, Ford wont put a V8 in a new small truck. Ford now has the Eco-Boost. I4 enignes with I4 mpg and V6 power. V6 enignes with V6 mpg and V8 power. A new F100 with a 3.5 V6 Eco-boost... try 285 hp coming from that V6! OOooo baby!

Thats how they will put much more power into a small truck like the F100, but keep the mpg thought in it like the Ranger! This is why Ford is now #1 in everything they do!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I cant wait to see what comes out for ford in the coming years for the small truck market!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Dyllan said:
I dont like the sport trac, i will stick with biis, and f150s.
I've never been a fan of them either...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
If it aint a F-150 Raptor now that they are out... it would have to be a STX, FX4, or my favorite... King Ranch! I love the KR!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts